Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meet Deborah: Sticky Mosaics Contest Winner!



Meet 8-year-old Deborah, our April contest winner!  This second grader has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and passed her time in the hospital by doing Sticky Mosaic craft kits. 


Deborah liked crafting during her hospital stay. She says, “It’s fun, exciting and beautiful.  It took my mind away from all the poking and needles.”  Deborah created a fantastic 3D Sticky Mosaic during her last hospital stay.  “Making the 3D was exciting; we wanted to see the picture with the 3D glasses.  It was also lots of fun to have everyone at the hospital try them out too.”

Deborah likes to play soccer and takes piano lessons.  She also loves crafts, puzzles, painting and reading.   Her favorite food is chocolate and bananaballs. “My mommy makes them,” she says, “I can’t eat them as much as I used to anymore because I have diabetes.”

Deborah is going to share her winnings with her sister.  “I share everything with my sister, at least most of the time.  She is my best friend.  We do the mosaic together too sometimes.”

Deborah’s favorite kit is Sticky Mosaics Dear Diary.  She’s most excited to try the new Crystal Clutch and Stick ‘n Style Jewelry.


Donate to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Canada

Would you like to win $200 worth of Orb Factory products?  Send us a picture of your original creation or Sticky Mosaics story!
Email entries to stephanie @ orbfactory.com

.

No comments: