Friday, June 24, 2011

It's a Zoo in Here


We work in a small two level office about a ten-minute drive from the downtown.  We have plants in the windows, a vibrant dance studio next door and crafts everywhere!  We also have a whole lot of animals! 

The Fish
.
I love my office.  I sit in front of a huge window where I can enjoy the sun all day.  Behind me are two giant fish tanks – one is over 200 gallons!  We have a pretty little pink school, big blue and yellow ones and even an eel.  Kids who visit our office rush to the tanks to choose and name their favorites. 

video.

The Cats
.
We also have two curious kitties in the office!  Cato and Jade are sneaky cats that show up in unlikely places, from the bottom of the recycling bin to the top of the toy shelf.  They love climbing the trees around the office and eating the herb garden we’re trying to grow.  I know they’ve been in the basil when I find little dirty paw prints on my desk in the morning!
.












The Dog
.
Ani is a 14-month-old flashy brindle boxer.  She spends her days sleeping in her dog bed and nudging my legs, slobbery dog toy in tow.  Sharing an office with Ani means coworkers are always stopping in just to pet her or play a little tug of war.  She sometimes talks in her sleep and loves when kids stop by for visits.    


 
.
We are lucky to have a small office full of people who love animals.  It’s proven that animals reduce stress and lower blood pressure!  Everyone needs to take little breaks during the day, whether it’s a quick look at a calming fish tank or a lunchtime dog walk. 

Do you guys have animals in your office?

.

No comments: